Each Chapter 11 case has a different recovery potential for creditors. But what all Chapter 11 cases have in common is the need to perfect administrative compliance. Businesses and their counsel using this reorganization tool have to be prepared to comply with numerous, complex federal mandates. These mandates include continuous and detailed documentation that must be developed and filed, procedures which must be followed in restructuring operations, ongoing interaction with creditors, disbursement of funds, and adherence to the calendar in relation to the phases of the reorganization and due diligence. In addition, there are questions about how the law should be interpreted. Decisions have to be made quickly in order to stay on schedule.
Insolvency Services Group (ISG) provides comprehensive services to both bankruptcy lawyers and businesses in Chapter 11. Multi-disciplinary teams of Chapter 11 specialists at ISG take on the role of “project directors.” Because compliance actually begins at the time of filing Chapter 11, ISG is frequently asked to be available at the front end of the process. Post-restructuring, ISG teams often go on to manage matters ranging from the disbursement of funds to due diligence.
ISG offers bankruptcy lawyers and businesses:
- Integrated teamwork across disciplines of law, finance, accounting, appraisal, operations and information technology.
- Industry-specific expertise.
- A track record for establishing and maintaining transparent communications between the business and its creditors.
- Compliance information technology.
- The proven ability to identify and address problem areas before they evolve into crises.
- A trusted name as a leader in Chapter 11 administrative compliance.